• Last day for grade check to be eligible for Oaks Park Field Trip June 14th
• Permission slips for Oaks park due before June 16th
• 8th Grade Social June 20th (1:15-2:45 PM)
• Oaks Park Trip June 19th
• 8th Grade Celebration June 20th (8:00 PM)
8th Grade Celebration - June 20th, 8:00 (last day for 8th grade) We will be having our Celebration for all Gordon Russell 8th grade students at Sam Barlow High School at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, June 20th. The purpose of the event is to award students for their accomplishment at GRMS and to take a look forward to High School. All students are welcome to attend but only students that achieve an award will get their name called. Please note that in order for your student to be part of the celebration, they MUST ATTEND school on the day of the celebration. We will have numerous happenings throughout the day including locker clean outs, celebration practice, handout yearbooks, etc. We will be offering many different awards at our Celebration, including one that is achievable by all with effort (Benchmark Achievement). Be asking your student about this award.
· Benchmark Achievement (Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Science, Speaking) ACHIEVABLE BY ALL STUDENTS. Please check with your students about completing this award.
· GPA 3.5 or better, 4.0
· Rachel Terveen Virtue Award, T-Bird Award (citizenship), Karen Kuether Award (greatest growth in attitude & behavior)
· Perfect attendance
· Program Awards (AVID, Music, Art, P.E., etc.)
This trip is put on every year as an award to celebrate the 8th graders move onto high school. This trip is a privilege.
·Behavior: No third trimester suspensions nor a pattern of multiple minor or major referrals or chronic misbehavior over the year.
·Grades: Students must not have a failing grade in any class for the third trimester.
·Fees: All fees and fines need to be taken care of prior to the event and all books returned.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Hayden at 503-667-6900.
With warmer weather coming soon, students will want to wear their spring and summer clothing. We expect students to wear clothing and accessories that reflect reasonable standards of modesty and are appropriate for school. Please refer to page 13 in the GRMS Student Planner/Handbook for more detailed information. Thank you for your support in helping your student make appropriate choices in their attire.